1.8.09

hi there

hi! this is gaia. my name means 'mother earth' in greek. if you find it interesting, thankyou. but it's a label, not a part of who i am. actually, i don't want to get fluffy, and i don't particularly want to get profound. i just want to be and let others take from it what they do. i'm a student of fashion - literally and metaphorically, future freelance editorial stylist, volunteer at fashion magazines/shows/events, assistant to a freelance stylist, and retail assistant. friends, fashion and music are my lifelines and find myself drawing inspiration from them almost daily. so, that's me. for now at least.

my main aim is to inspire. i believe it is one of the greatest powers we have as people, to evoke something - anything, in others and cause them to change in any way, no matter how seemingly insignificant. it is something that we thrive on - what motivates us to live, not just to live, is the meaning in our lives. it opens up worlds we never knew existed - as an effect we explore, learn, think, seek and materialize these things that were once ideas in our minds.

i promise to share with you what's inspiring me in many parts of my life - from the muses and pioneers in fashion, books, music and culture that touch me, to the simple experiences in my life, in the hope that i will inspire a spark in you to do a little something you love and i guess just cause you to think about how you can make everything the greatest it can possibly be. a unique mix of fluffy and profound!

so to christen my blog, spoken by a true lady Froline Maria, here are some words of wisdom:
when the dog bites,
when the bee stings,
when i'm feeling sad,
i simply remember my favourite things,
and then i don't feel so bad!

life should be fun for goodness sake! the young are free. the ardent are happy, so i wish you all the youth and ardency in the world. shazam.
love, gaia
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment