30.8.09

sartorialism

a long time love of mine, the sartorialist is such a muse of a website. my goodness, what other blog can attract such attention from photographing people in the street? that question doesn't really perplex me because of the exact brilliance captured by a certain Scott Schuman, a man who started to photograph people in New York and has posted the images on his blog since september 2005.
as he describes here, designers are always kept in mind:
"I thought I could shoot people on the street the way designers looked at people, and get and give inspiration to lots of people in the process. My only strategy when I began The Sartorialist was to try and shoot style in a way that I knew most designers hunted for inspiration.
"
now widening his scope to encompass fashions in Paris, Milan, Stockholm and London, among other projects Schuman has dabbled with some Ready-to-Wear Paris couture shows via style.com.
i personally adore the ethnicity of culture, individuality and observations of clothes that are really quite beautiful that indicate his selection of photos is inspirational above most else.
not only that, it gives me a well-earned opportunity to get into the grit of European fashions, sans the extravagant and misleading couture shows, which is really our only publicised example of what people are wearing over there.
alas, i stumbled across this little nugget, proving that fashion in general should always be kept in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment